There is something so intriguing to me about new ideas
I’m hooked. Tell me more.
He goes on to expand on what flipping really means. Essentially it is getting the students to change their learning time from inside the classroom to outside of the classroom so that when they get to class they can get help, ask questions, or expand on something they learned outside of class. Teacher directed and planned videos guide their learning outside of class so that inside class time can be more efficient.
My wheels are turning at this point and the dude has only been talking for about 5 minutes.
I have made instructional videos and used them with my classes already in past years – I just need to make them available to the students.
This is beautiful.
Why I am in love with flipping:
– Students are in charge of their own learning – they can watch a video as many times as they need to in order to gain understanding.
– Class time should be much more efficient!
– Students learn how to be lifelong learners and do something outside of a classroom
– It is SO FUN for me 🙂
I’m in. What do I do to start?
- YouTube: Uploading and Managing YOUR Own Content
Alrighty, you are a pro at YouTube now - you have created an account, you can follow other channels, maybe you have even played around with your personal channel art (I would highly […]
- Voice Over AdviceWhen I started making these videos, as I have mentioned before, I was a little reluctant to listen to myself speaking on the videos and avoided it for the first few that I made.
- 6 Reasons All Music Educators Need Google in Their Life
Google knows more about us than I care to fully fathom and, if you are not familiar with all of the products that Google is producing, it is pretty much taking over the entire internet […]
- Four Reasons Why Explain Everything is Still My Fave Interactive Whiteboard
Listen, I tried really hard to open my mind to other interactive whiteboard options this week, but I just kept coming back to my old tried and true. I even paid for a new interactive […]
- Vittle: change-yo-life *with a video example!*
I promised you at the beginning of the week that I was going to try and be SUPER objective with these overviews of interactive whiteboards. I just might be falling in love […]
- Yes, you need Google Chrome!
Google Chrome is an internet browser that flows beautifully with the other Google suite of helpful things and includes access to many useful apps! It is more than an internet explorer […]