There is something so intriguing to me about new ideas
I’m hooked. Tell me more.
He goes on to expand on what flipping really means. Essentially it is getting the students to change their learning time from inside the classroom to outside of the classroom so that when they get to class they can get help, ask questions, or expand on something they learned outside of class. Teacher directed and planned videos guide their learning outside of class so that inside class time can be more efficient.
My wheels are turning at this point and the dude has only been talking for about 5 minutes.
I have made instructional videos and used them with my classes already in past years – I just need to make them available to the students.
This is beautiful.
Why I am in love with flipping:
– Students are in charge of their own learning – they can watch a video as many times as they need to in order to gain understanding.
– Class time should be much more efficient!
– Students learn how to be lifelong learners and do something outside of a classroom
– It is SO FUN for me 🙂
I’m in. What do I do to start?
- Screencastify Simplifies How-To’s
Alrighty, if you did not download Google Chrome after reading my last blog post here then you are about to be really sad. Grab the tissues.
I am all about Google right now and […]
- Adobe Spark Part 1 – “Post”You can read ALL over this blog about how obsessed I am with Canva...here, and here, and even here just to name a few spots. Canva is truly one of my most used websites and apps and […]
- Four Success-Building MusicFirst Starter Tips
Here's to week four of school - cheers, friends! That means that I've been using MusicFirst with all of my students for four weeks now. Since I'm now infinitely wise about implementing […]
- Yes, you need Google Chrome!
Google Chrome is an internet browser that flows beautifully with the other Google suite of helpful things and includes access to many useful apps! It is more than an internet explorer […]
- Live Events With YouTube
The last cool feature of YouTube that we're going to explore this week is the "Live Events" feature. This holds a lot of possibilites for the performing arts! A few that I have […]
- Help! My district blocks YouTube: Four Solutions
Let's be honest, while YouTube can be used in an extremely responsible way for very good educational reasons, there is a lot of useless and inapropriate content housed there as […]