There is something so intriguing to me about new ideas
I’m hooked. Tell me more.
He goes on to expand on what flipping really means. Essentially it is getting the students to change their learning time from inside the classroom to outside of the classroom so that when they get to class they can get help, ask questions, or expand on something they learned outside of class. Teacher directed and planned videos guide their learning outside of class so that inside class time can be more efficient.
My wheels are turning at this point and the dude has only been talking for about 5 minutes.
I have made instructional videos and used them with my classes already in past years – I just need to make them available to the students.
This is beautiful.
Why I am in love with flipping:
– Students are in charge of their own learning – they can watch a video as many times as they need to in order to gain understanding.
– Class time should be much more efficient!
– Students learn how to be lifelong learners and do something outside of a classroom
– It is SO FUN for me 🙂
I’m in. What do I do to start?
- But, how do I get them to watch the video?!So you spend some time making videos. Great. Getting your kids to watch them is the next step or they are completely useless to you and to them!
Once I started the flipped out process […]
- Voice Over AdviceWhen I started making these videos, as I have mentioned before, I was a little reluctant to listen to myself speaking on the videos and avoided it for the first few that I made.
- The First ExperimentTesting the waters of middle school technology
With the first day of school upon us and classroom procedures the talk of the teachers lounge I made my first official flipped […]
- ThemingYour instructional videos will have a cleaner, more professional feel if you have a simple theme going on in all of them. This helps them to belong together and might even give your […]
- Basic Website Hosting and Getting StartedHow I got started
This is not the “right way” to flip your class, but it is “a way” to flip your class. Please let me know how you have gotten started and what tools have been helpful […]
- Getting Started: What do I need to do first?
Use this guide to help you get started - keep in mind that it is just a guide! The fun thing about this type of classroom is that it is totally creative and can be […]