There is something so intriguing to me about new ideas
I’m hooked. Tell me more.
He goes on to expand on what flipping really means. Essentially it is getting the students to change their learning time from inside the classroom to outside of the classroom so that when they get to class they can get help, ask questions, or expand on something they learned outside of class. Teacher directed and planned videos guide their learning outside of class so that inside class time can be more efficient.
My wheels are turning at this point and the dude has only been talking for about 5 minutes.
I have made instructional videos and used them with my classes already in past years – I just need to make them available to the students.
This is beautiful.
Why I am in love with flipping:
– Students are in charge of their own learning – they can watch a video as many times as they need to in order to gain understanding.
– Class time should be much more efficient!
– Students learn how to be lifelong learners and do something outside of a classroom
– It is SO FUN for me 🙂
I’m in. What do I do to start?
- 6 Reasons All Music Educators Need Google in Their Life
Google knows more about us than I care to fully fathom and, if you are not familiar with all of the products that Google is producing, it is pretty much taking over the entire internet […]
- Getting Started: What do I need to do first?
Use this guide to help you get started - keep in mind that it is just a guide! The fun thing about this type of classroom is that it is totally creative and can be […]
- Make a procedures video (and ensure a happy day 1!)
One of the first instructional videos that I made for my students was a procedures video and let me tell you, it is WAY easy! I use iMovie and/or Explain Everything for this project, but […]
- Adobe Spark Part 1 – “Post”You can read ALL over this blog about how obsessed I am with Canva...here, and here, and even here just to name a few spots. Canva is truly one of my most used websites and apps and […]
- Teaching Music in the Midst of Global Pandemic
This global pandemic may not be violence by war or bloodshed, but it is a violent change to all of our lives and all of our students lives and it includes a violent amount of panicky […]
- Four Success-Building MusicFirst Starter Tips
Here's to week four of school - cheers, friends! That means that I've been using MusicFirst with all of my students for four weeks now. Since I'm now infinitely wise about implementing […]