There is something so intriguing to me about new ideas
I’m hooked. Tell me more.
He goes on to expand on what flipping really means. Essentially it is getting the students to change their learning time from inside the classroom to outside of the classroom so that when they get to class they can get help, ask questions, or expand on something they learned outside of class. Teacher directed and planned videos guide their learning outside of class so that inside class time can be more efficient.
My wheels are turning at this point and the dude has only been talking for about 5 minutes.
I have made instructional videos and used them with my classes already in past years – I just need to make them available to the students.
This is beautiful.
Why I am in love with flipping:
– Students are in charge of their own learning – they can watch a video as many times as they need to in order to gain understanding.
– Class time should be much more efficient!
– Students learn how to be lifelong learners and do something outside of a classroom
– It is SO FUN for me 🙂
I’m in. What do I do to start?
- How to Google Search LIKE A BOSS
Hey there flipping friends!
I want to give you some happy October (or anytime!) encouragement before I tell you about a little fun you can have here on the interweb 🙂
October is, in […]
- Music First: Why the Work is Worth It
I don’t know about all of you guys, but omg school. The busy hit hard these past two weeks! Even though it has been crazy, I have been just so happy to see the kids - school is SO much […]
- Getting Students Invested in an Online Classroom
Let's be honest for a second and admit that running an online classroom can be a lot of work. While I fully believe the work is worth it, the last thing I want to do is work hard and then […]
- Ooh-ing and Ahh-ing over the Doceri interactive whiteboard
If you are familiar with me at all, you know that my flipping BFF is my interactive whiteboard app. If you are not familiar with me, then hello, I'm Marianne and I am […]
- Make a procedures video (and ensure a happy day 1!)
One of the first instructional videos that I made for my students was a procedures video and let me tell you, it is WAY easy! I use iMovie and/or Explain Everything for this project, but […]
- Yes, you need Google Chrome!
Google Chrome is an internet browser that flows beautifully with the other Google suite of helpful things and includes access to many useful apps! It is more than an internet explorer […]