There is something so intriguing to me about new ideas
I’m hooked. Tell me more.
He goes on to expand on what flipping really means. Essentially it is getting the students to change their learning time from inside the classroom to outside of the classroom so that when they get to class they can get help, ask questions, or expand on something they learned outside of class. Teacher directed and planned videos guide their learning outside of class so that inside class time can be more efficient.
My wheels are turning at this point and the dude has only been talking for about 5 minutes.
I have made instructional videos and used them with my classes already in past years – I just need to make them available to the students.
This is beautiful.
Why I am in love with flipping:
– Students are in charge of their own learning – they can watch a video as many times as they need to in order to gain understanding.
– Class time should be much more efficient!
– Students learn how to be lifelong learners and do something outside of a classroom
– It is SO FUN for me 🙂
I’m in. What do I do to start?
- PowToon for Free Flipping (and fun!)
Since school started I have spent an embarrassing amount of time playing with PowToon. Let's just keep my nerdy-ness between us friends, mmkay? 🙂
PowToon is way fun for you and, […]
- November Free Webinar: Google Slides and Peardeck
I can't believe that it is November and that Thanksgiving is this week!
Over the past few months, I've offered free webinars that focus on Google Tools once per month. I truly hope […]
- MusicFirst: Basic Initial Set Up
Last semester (spring of 2016) I was lucky to be part of a MusicFirst Pilot with several other Texas teachers. I really love the platform of the classroom "hub" because it is […]
- Why Become a Google Certified Music Educator?
If you know me personally, follow me on social media, or have spent any amount of time on this website, you probably know that I LOVE Google! We were still on USB Flash drives when I […]
- Beginning the transformationHelping students understand the possibilities of them being in charge of their education is step numero uno!
If you look back to my previous post here you will see that my first flipped […]
- Extending Teach Time With Online Lessons
Yesterday I had a percussion sectional where we were working on All Region music. You may or may not know that I teach Middle School and my little percussion peeps are wonderful humans […]