There is something so intriguing to me about new ideas
I’m hooked. Tell me more.
He goes on to expand on what flipping really means. Essentially it is getting the students to change their learning time from inside the classroom to outside of the classroom so that when they get to class they can get help, ask questions, or expand on something they learned outside of class. Teacher directed and planned videos guide their learning outside of class so that inside class time can be more efficient.
My wheels are turning at this point and the dude has only been talking for about 5 minutes.
I have made instructional videos and used them with my classes already in past years – I just need to make them available to the students.
This is beautiful.
Why I am in love with flipping:
– Students are in charge of their own learning – they can watch a video as many times as they need to in order to gain understanding.
– Class time should be much more efficient!
– Students learn how to be lifelong learners and do something outside of a classroom
– It is SO FUN for me 🙂
I’m in. What do I do to start?
- Four Success-Building MusicFirst Starter Tips
Here's to week four of school - cheers, friends! That means that I've been using MusicFirst with all of my students for four weeks now. Since I'm now infinitely wise about implementing […]
- Top 8 Must Have Music Teacher Apps
First, I really need to tell you that YOU are AWESOME! Yes, YOU!
You are a great educator! You want to be better than you are right now, you want to make your lessons engaging and […]
- Screencastify Simplifies How-To’s
Alrighty, if you did not download Google Chrome after reading my last blog post here then you are about to be really sad. Grab the tissues.
I am all about Google right now and […]
- Getting Students Invested in an Online Classroom
Let's be honest for a second and admit that running an online classroom can be a lot of work. While I fully believe the work is worth it, the last thing I want to do is work hard and then […]
- Be Your Own Co-Teacher!
This is one of my first “virtual co-teacher” videos that I usually show during class time at the beginning of the year to beginners. Obviously the options are endless in this […]
- OMEA 2017I've been glad to visit Ohio this year and the OMEA/T:IME Convention. Below you'll find the resources for my Saturday 12:15PM Session "Enhancing Music Class with Technology and Online […]