If you are familiar with me at all, you know that my flipping BFF is my interactive whiteboard app. If you are not familiar with me, then hello, I’m Marianne and I am addicted to interactive whiteboards.
What I look for in a GREAT interactive whiteboard:
- what are it’s bells and whistles?
- what are it’s icons like, can I customize them, and are there watermarks or extra charges for using them
- do I have to subscribe to something in order to share my creation?
- I don’t like to be tied down #freedom!
- how can I share my video?
- direct upload to YouTube, save to camera roll, export for further editing?
- Is it easy for me to figure all of this out?
Ya’ll, I found a new interactive whiteboard – JUST IN TIME for interactive whiteboard week in #thatflippingbootcamp! Wahoo!
Here is my review of Doceri (pronounced doe-cer-ee):
Cost: $free for ipad, you can expand it’s use and connect it to your desktop with a free trial and then subscription service
Favorite Feature: STAFF PAPER BACKGROUND! OMG!
Yeah, for those of you keeping score at home, that means that you don’t have to draw your staff – just use their pre-made background and draw all over it to your little flipping heart’s content!
All in all, this app is easy to use – it is simple and has some amazing possibilities as far as screen sharing to a projector and your desktop (but with subscription). The videos that you make can be immediately saved to your iPad, uploaded to YouTube, or sent to a number of other places right from the app.
ALSO: they have a great intro video that shows you how everything works, so you can get creating really fast!
- simple drawing tools, nothing fancy
- this is a pro too though – if you are brand new to interactive whiteboard apps, this is all that you need to get started!
- watermark 🙁
- it’s true, all of your videos will have the doceri watermark – if this doesn’t bother you then NBD!
This app is a great one to make simple whiteboard videos – the backgrounds really can’t be beat! You can of course add pictures and draw on them as well. Since this is a free app, I would highly recommend downloading it and seeing if it will work for you! I will definitely be using it from time to time for my whiteboard videos!
More whiteboard app reviews later this week – have fun exploring!